Decisions for the Long Haul
Committed to Making an Impact
How exactly are we committing to create a positive and sustainable impact across our operations? Here are some examples:
We’re advancing sustainable mobility across our organization in a variety of ways, such as:
- Partnering with auto manufacturers to expand our fleet of electric vehicles (EV) across our many corporate-owned markets.
- As of April 2022, the average fuel efficiency of our global fleet is 27.3 mpg, with more than 94% of our European passenger fleet over 30 mpg or 12.75 kilometers per liter.
- Through Commute with Enterprise, we reduced more than 800 million pounds of carbon emissions, removed over 45,000 vehicles from the road and supported over 50,000 commuters in FY22.
- 45% of the European Enterprise Car Club fleet in FY22 was electric or hybrid.
We’re building relationships to develop solutions for global challenges, including advancing clean bioenergy technology at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Institute for Renewable Fuels alongside the Danforth Plant Science Center. The Enterprise Institute awards an annual seed grant that funds novel ideas to promote and sustain the use of plants and algae regionally and globally to address environmental and economic challenges.
- In the United Kingdom, 41.4% of waste from the EMEA headquarters was used to generate renewable electricity for the National Grid.
- SMART energy system upgrades throughout select branch offices help us lessen energy use, while the use of LaunchPad mobile tablets has helped us reduce paper use in our facilities.
- 20% of branches in France have implemented water recycling systems, saving 41,500 cubic meters of water.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo provide customers with the opportunity to participate in a program that helps offset carbon emissions generated from renting cars. This offset program, the largest of its kind in the rental car industry, supports renewable energy and other projects. Since 2016, 128,848.82 mTCO2e have been offset through our partnership with Terrapass®.
- More than 1,000 tons of damaged glass diverted from landfills by working with windshield repair companies in the United States.
- Through our work with Safety-Kleen® and PetroChoice®, we have a closed loop process on oil usage across our fleet and have continuously recycled the equivalent of 12 million gallons of engine oil since 2009. Additionally, 100% of the materials from used oil filters from our airport service centers in North America are recycled or repurposed – diverting thousands of pounds of used oil, plastic, metal and paper from landfills.
- We partner with Climate Impact Partners in the United Kingdom to invest in renewable energy projects to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and build sustainable infrastructure.
- As a member of the Mobility as a Service (MaaS) Alliance in Europe, we are part of a global coalition working to integrate various transportation options into a single mobility service.
- As a strategic partner of the National League of Cities, we helped launch the Equitable Electric Mobility Playbook — a resource for policymakers and their stakeholders to recognize how an inequitable landscape can impact historically marginalized communities and explore ways to accelerate electric mobility adoption within these communities.
- Through our partnership with Microsoft®, we can leverage analytics technologies and send specified vehicle data, such as mileage and fuel levels, from a vehicle to Enterprise Holdings, increasing our ability to streamline rental pickup and return and create efficiencies within the business.