Enterprise offers carsharing services through two premier brands – Enterprise CarShare (U.S. and Canada) and Enterprise Car Club (U.K.). And, since both brands are backed by Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s award-winning customer service, they not only provide local mobility alternatives, but also extraordinary convenience and reliability.
In the U.S., the Enterprise CarShare brand serves over 100 university campuses and hundreds of business and government agencies in more than 35 states. Major cities served include Atlanta, Hoboken, Honolulu, Houston, Louisville, New York (acquired Mint Cars On-Demand in 2012), Philadelphia (acquired PhillyCarShare in 2011), St. Louis and Tampa, all supported by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car network, which has more than 5,800 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.
In Canada, the Enterprise CarShare brand operates in Toronto (acquired AutoShare in 2014), as well as the Mississauga, Oshawa and Waterloo areas. In 2015, Enterprise CarShare became a member of the CarSharing Association, a global industry trade group committed to advancing cooperation between urban mobility providers, cities and public transit.
In total, Enterprise CarShare and Enterprise Car Club members exceed 140,000 worldwide.
Enterprise CarShare and Enterprise Car Club offer a diverse “virtual” fleet of fuel-efficient vehicles, delivering carsharing technology’s speed and economy to organizations looking to enhance fleet management operations along with their fiscal and social sustainability initiatives. In fact, Enterprise first trademarked the term Virtual Car® in the United States more than 40 years ago. Later, Enterprise launched hourly car rentals in 2005 and then local carsharing in 2007 in the U.S. as a natural extension of its business rental program and longtime focus on customized service in local communities.
Because it doesn’t matter whether a rental is for an hour, a day, a week or longer, Enterprise has a long history of advocating for car-rental and car-sharing customers. For example, in 2010, Enterprise testified before the U.S. House of Representatives’ Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law – alongside the National Consumers League – about the unintended consequences of using local car rental excise taxes to fund unrelated programs and projects.
In fact, that same day, a Queens, N.Y., Supreme Court Justice ruled in favor of a for-profit car-sharing company and agreed that although the defendant may advertise itself as an alternative to "traditional rental cars,” it was nonetheless in “the trade or business of renting or leasing motor vehicles as those words are traditionally and plainly understood.” The Court also stated, “this bargain – use of a car in exchange for a fee – appears little different from ['traditional'] companies.”
To that end, Enterprise’s car-sharing and car-rental customers have always been taxed at the same rate, since we accept all of the challenges, responsibilities and obligations that go along with operating a successful and sustainable fleet.
Rent Me By The Hour ®
Today, Enterprise CarShare and Enterprise Car Club offer a variety of clean, well-maintained vehicles at an affordable price, when and where customers need them. As a cost-effective alternative to car ownership, Enterprise CarShare and Enterprise Car Club offer unmatched dependability and flexibility in select markets – yet another reason Enterprise encourages businesses, government agencies and consumers to Rent Me By The Hour ®.
Enterprise Car Club, the UK’s largest privately owned car club, provides a pragmatic strategy for increasing business travel efficiencies while decreasing mileage reimbursement for employee-owned-and-operated “grey fleets.” In addition, Enterprise Car Club’s app adds another level of service and convenience for members, providing all the benefits of accessing a vehicle, 24/7, whenever they need it.
For more information about Enterprise CarShare, visit www.enterprisecarshare.com.
For more information about Enterprise Car Club, visit www.enterprisecarclub.co.uk.
Related Press Releases and Recent News:
- Enterprise Offers 24/7 Car Club and Daily Rental at New Tradeston Branch
- Enterprise Car Club Adds Hybrid SUVs to Edinburgh Fleet
- Enterprise CarShare Stands Up for Arizona by Supporting Tourism and Local Taxes
- Enterprise Expands Car Club At New Southampton City Dock Branch
- Gloucestershire County Council Estimates Savings of Two Tonnes of CO2 a Month with Enterprise Car Club
- Enterprise CarShare Partnering with University of Delaware to Provide On-Campus On-Demand Transportation Solution
- Enterprise CarShare Partnering with Mississippi State University to Provide Affordable Transportation on Campus
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust Adopts Car Club Programme
- Enterprise Launches Car Club at Portsmouth Branch as ‘On Demand’ Motoring Takes Off
- Car Rental Companies Are In A "Transformative" Stage. Here's What It Means For You.
- Enterprise Car Club Partners with UK’s Largest Development in East London
- Enterprise CarShare Drives Advanced Degree of Sustainability at Princeton University
- Enterprise Helps The University of Manchester Cut Travel Costs
- MotoNovo Switches to Enterprise Car Club Following Move to City Centre
- Get Moving Faster with New Enterprise Car Club App for iOS and Android (UK)
- Culture and Communication Drive Success at North Ayrshire Car Club
- Enterprise Car Club Expands In Birmingham To Boost Transport Options
- Norfolk County Council Partners with Enterprise Car Club for New Low-Cost, Low-Emission Travel Policy
- Toronto’s AutoShare Becomes Enterprise CarShare
- Enterprise CarShare Expands to Honolulu
- York Hospital NHS Trust Moves Away From Grey Fleet with Ten Enterprise Carshare Vehicles and Daily Rental