Enterprise’s presence in the U.S. airport market increased dramatically with the addition of the National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands in 2007 – one of the largest acquisitions in car rental history. Both National and Alamo were already well established at airports across the country, and the Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand was growing steadily. As a result, the acquisition nearly tripled overnight our company’s share of the U.S. airport business and enabled us to begin offering a diverse portfolio of brands to serve the unique needs of leisure and business travelers.
Today, Enterprise Holdings’ three car rental brands consistently rank above the industry average for customer satisfaction at North American airports, and we've grown our company's share of the U.S. airport business by more than 10 percentage points since 2007. We also continue to expand globally and establish our customer-service values at a growing number of airport locations worldwide.
Travel Industry Leadership & Recognition
Enterprise Holdings ranks near the top of the global travel industry, ahead of many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies. In addition, the company is well recognized as a travel industry partner of choice among leisure travelers, road warriors and travel buyers.
For example, in 2016, Travel Weekly magazine named the Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand as the Best Domestic Car Rental Company. Travel Weekly also recognized Enterprise Holdings last year with three Magellan Awards in the ground transportation categories. National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car each received a Gold Magellan Award in the loyalty program and ad campaign categories, respectively.
National Car Rental, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Alamo Rent A Car claimed three of the top five spots for car rental in the 2016 Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, which showcase the destinations, companies and brands that define the very best in travel as voted on by Travel + Leisure readers.
Enterprise Holdings’ brands were also honored by several other top business and leisure travel organizations in 2016, including:
- The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) selected Enterprise Holdings as the 2016 ASTA Car Rental Company of the Year for going above and beyond in caring for their customers;
- The Beat, a daily travel business e-newsletter, named National Car Rental the 2016 Most Admired Car Rental Company as part of its 9th Annual Beat Readers’ Choice Awards;
- Business Travel News named National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car the top preferred car rental brands for business travel in its second annual Car Rental Brand and Ground Transportation Survey of corporate travel buyers;
- Business Traveler USA magazine selected National Car Rental as the Best Car Rental Company in North America in its 28th Annual 2016 Best in Business Travel Awards; and
- Recommend magazine awarded Enterprise Rent-A-Car silver in the car rental category of its 20th Annual Readers’ Choice Awards.
Enterprise Holdings was also awarded Best Fleet and Best International Car Rental from travAlliancemedia in 2016. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental brands tied for highest customer experience among car rental companies in the 2016 Temkin Experience Ratings. In addition, MONEY Magazine awarded Enterprise Rent-A-Car with its Platinum Best in Travel award, and Alamo Rent A Car with its Gold award in 2016. Enterprise Rent-A-Car also received the U.S. Travelers’ Choice Award from TripAdvisor.
Related Press Releases and Recent News:
- Enterprise-Rent-a-Car Dominates 2018 Travvy Awards
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Dominates Car Rental Categories at 2017 Travvy Awards
- World's Largest Car Rental Company Honored by Travel Weekly, Travel + Leisure, Business Travel News and More
- Enterprise, National and Alamo Brands Earn Top Three Spots in J.D. Power Rental Car Satisfaction Study
- National Car Rental Will Offer Complimentary Emerald Club Lounges in Select U.S. Airports
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Teaming With World Travel & Tourism Council to Recognize Best in Sustainable Tourism
- Enhanced “Cash-In Club” Loyalty Program Rolls Out for Travel Agent Partners
- Enterprise Holdings Takes Home Travvy Awards For “Best Fleet” and “Best International Car Rental Company”
- World’s Largest Car Rental Company Honored by Travel Weekly With Four ‘Magellan Awards’
- Travvy Awards Recognize Enterprise Holdings for Outstanding Leadership and Excellence