Want to Manage Your Fleet on the Go? Enterprise Fleet Management Has a New App for That
ST. LOUIS (July 11, 2017) – Enterprise Fleet Management is making it more convenient for companies, government agencies and organizations to monitor and manage all aspects of their fleets through the launch of a new mobile app.
The new app makes it easier for both fleet managers and drivers to identify and address issues, such as maintenance needs or opportunities to improve fleet efficiency, in real-time. In addition, it offers features like digital maintenance cards and in-app appointment-booking that allow drivers to spend less time dealing with administrative tasks and more time getting where they need to go.
“Our customers and their drivers are increasingly spending less time sitting behind a desk and more time on the go,” said Jeff Schuchardt, vice president of information technology at Enterprise Fleet Management, an affiliate of the world’s largest car rental company, Enterprise Holdings Inc. “We’ve responded with enhancements to our mobile app that allow both fleet managers and drivers to easily view and manage their vehicles on the go. In addition, the mobile app upgrade includes support for our customers in Canada so they can leverage the same features available to our customers in the U.S.”
The new app will retain all the features of Enterprise Fleet Management’s former app – such as accident reporting and maintenance and fuel locators – plus the following new features:
- Actionable Alerts – Drivers can swipe an alert to mark it as read, unread or to dismiss it. Actions performed on an alert in the mobile app automatically sync to Enterprise Fleet Management’s customer login website for seamless consistency and visibility by fleet managers.
- Maintenance – Digital maintenance cards available in the mobile app can be shown to collision repair centers in place of physical cards. In addition, drivers can request and schedule maintenance appointments with Firestone directly from the app.
- Multi-Vehicle Management – For drivers assigned to more than one pool vehicle, they can now manage entries for multiple vehicles under a single user account.
- Odometer Entries – Both fleet managers and drivers can gain insight into a vehicle’s recent odometer history and correct erroneous entries when applicable.
- Login and Security Enhancements – Customers now use the same login ID for the mobile app and customer login website. Those with iOS devices also have the option to use Touch ID fingerprint technology to log in. Users can choose to show or hide the password on the login screen to minimize password entry errors. They can also change their password within the app.
Additional mobile features currently under development include push notifications for alerts, check-in and check-out reporting for pool vehicles, digital insurance cards and registration documents, more vendor options for scheduling maintenance appointments, and the ability to upload photos for vehicle profiles.
Investment in IT Solutions
The new mobile app was developed in partnership with St. Louis-based consulting firm Sense Corp. Enterprise Fleet Management previously partnered with Sense Corp to develop its data warehouse, which integrates all sources of information pertaining to a customer’s automotive fleet. This platform enabled a data-driven approach that allows Enterprise Fleet Management to serve customers through an updated customer login website – also developed in partnership with Sense Corp.
The new app, as well as Enterprise Fleet Management’s data warehouse and updated customer login website, are part of an overall investment in IT solutions by the business. As a result of this investment, Enterprise Fleet Management was named to InformationWeek magazine’s “Elite 100” in 2016 for setting the bar on innovative and creative IT programs that improve business operations.
“We’ve partnered with Enterprise Fleet Management for years and have watched their business steadily transform into a next-generation data analytics powerhouse,” said Wes Carberry, managing director at Sense Corp. “With the new mobile app, Enterprise Fleet Management is not only increasing customer and driver engagement but also providing richer analytics to improve efficiencies and ultimately reduce costs.”
Owned by the Taylor family of St. Louis, Enterprise Fleet Management operates a network of more than 50 fully-staffed offices and manages a fleet of more than 470,000 vehicles in the U.S. and Canada. The business provides full-service fleet management for companies, government agencies and organizations operating medium-sized fleets of 20 or more vehicles, as well as those seeking an alternative to employee reimbursement programs. Enterprise Fleet Management supplies most makes and models of cars, light- and medium-duty trucks and service vehicles across North America.
For more information about Enterprise Fleet Management, visit www.efleets.com.
This press release and car rental industry news are available in the Enterprise Holdings Press Room. The Enterprise Holdings Press Room also includes Fact Sheets for car rental brands and business divisions as well as awards and other reports.