ST. LOUIS (Oct. 27, 2015) – Enterprise Holdings Inc., through its regional subsidiaries, and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management produced double-digit growth across several business lines, grew total revenues by 8.8 percent to $19.4 billion, and increased overall fleet size to more than 1.7 million vehicles, during fiscal year 2015, which ended July 31.
In addition, Enterprise Holdings – which owns the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands – continued to expand its U.S. airport market share as well as further strengthen its extensive car rental and car sharing neighborhood network.
“This past fiscal year was remarkable in that we were able to capitalize on new market opportunities both at the local and global level, all the while maintaining high marks in customer service,” said Pamela M. Nicholson, Enterprise Holdings Inc. president and chief executive officer. “Today, with operations in more than 70 countries, we’re able to fully leverage our diverse portfolio of car rental brands globally. Our expansion strategy likewise enables us to provide affordable and accessible ground transportation options to more and more consumers throughout the world.”
During fiscal year 2015, Enterprise Holdings not only reacquired the rights to operate the National and Alamo brands throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa, but also added new franchises in Albania, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Guatemala, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Nicaragua, Norway, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Sweden.
“It’s this kind of scale and accessibility that makes our long-term transportation strategy successful,” Nicholson stated, “and puts dedicated Enterprise, National and Alamo employees in an ideal position to deliver the best customer service possible, regardless of whether a rental is for an hour, a day, a week or longer.”
During fiscal 2015, Enterprise Holdings reinforced its leadership position in the car rental and travel industries, as well as its integral role in meeting growing urban mobility needs:
- Global Network: Enterprise Holdings and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management own more than 1.7 million vehicles and employ 91,000 worldwide. In addition, there are over 9,000 fully staffed Enterprise, National and Alamo locations offering a total transportation solution on a global basis. Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental company in the world as measured by revenue, fleet and employees, and it ranks near the top of the global travel industry, ahead of many airlines and most cruise lines, hotels, tour operators and online travel agencies.
- Neighborhood Services: In the U.S. alone, more than 5,000 fully staffed Enterprise, National and Alamo neighborhood branch offices are conveniently located within 90 percent of the population. Enterprise Holdings’ longtime focus on sustainable local transportation alternatives also includes car sharing, vanpooling, insurance replacement, online ride-matching and other services:
- Enterprise CarShare is available in more than 35 states, and offered through more than 125 university campuses and hundreds of business and government agencies across the country. Overall, membership grew by more than 25 percent to more than 175,000 members during fiscal 2015, including a strategic car-sharing partnership with Washington D.C. Metro, plus acquisitions in Brooklyn, NY, and the United Kingdom.
- Enterprise Rideshare offers vanpooling services to more than 35,000 riders in nearly 40 key U.S. markets. In 2015, Enterprise Rideshare partnered with the Community Transportation Association of America to create and expand vanpool programs across the country.
- The Enterprise insurance replacement business offers the ARMS® suite of products to help streamline the rental process between insurance companies, auto repair shops and local Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch offices. ARMS data also helps collision repair centers increase operating efficiencies and enhance customer service. In 2015, Enterprise shared quarterly “length of rental” information – at no cost – with individual repair centers, and CollisionWeek magazine and Mitchell Industry Trends Report also published Enterprise data as a comprehensive industry resource.
- Zimride by Enterprise, the largest web-based ridesharing and carpooling network in North America, serves customers through a private online ride-matching network of more than 130 universities and corporate campuses.
- Airport: U.S. airport car rental revenue is up more than 10 percent for Enterprise Holdings, and up more than 4 percent for the U.S. car rental industry overall. Furthermore, Enterprise Holdings’ portfolio of brands now accounts for nearly 36 percent of U.S. airport market share – compared to 28 percent in 2007. Globally, business rental saw significant growth during the last fiscal year, as the Enterprise and National brands continue to offer the most comprehensive and integrated business rental solution at airports and home-city locations.
- Customer Service: Enterprise Rent-A-Car was the highest-ranked car rental brand in the J.D. Power 2014 North American Rental Car Satisfaction StudySM. National Car Rental ranked second in the annual study, followed by Alamo Rent A Car (tied for third) – with all three brands once again finishing above the industry average. The National, Enterprise and Alamo brands also claimed the top three spots for car rental in the 2015 Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards.
Other services marketed under the Enterprise brand also performed well during fiscal 2015:
- Car Sales: With 130 locations, the Enterprise Car Sales division achieved double-digit sales-volume growth by featuring more than 250 makes and models of certified high-quality, late-model used cars, trucks, vans and SUVs. Each vehicle passes a rigorous 109-point inspection conducted by an ASE-Certified technician, and comes with a seven-day/1,000-mile repurchase policy. The Car Sales division also works with credit unions of all sizes to increase their auto loan portfolio.
- Truck: With more than 220 locations across North America, Enterprise Truck Rental continued to achieve exceptional growth, especially in the commercial segment. This division, which offers a range of trucks, cargo vans and tow-capable pickup trucks, opened a location in Puerto Rico for the first time in 2015. The business also rents commercial-grade trucks to consumers for personal use.
- Fleet Management: Enterprise Fleet Management achieved double-digit fleet growth by increasing its customer base at all 54 locations in the U.S and Canada. The company also continued investing in technology and introduced more than 600 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices to its sales force and management team, which enhances their ability to help clients manage fleets more efficiently. Enterprise Fleet Management currently manages more than 425,000 vehicles in North America, providing full-service fleet management for companies, government agencies, and organizations with medium-sized fleets – including partnerships in Denver; Webb County, Texas; Orange County, Fla.; and Central Michigan.
Enterprise Holdings and Enterprise Fleet Management are owned by the Taylor family of St. Louis and, as privately held businesses, do not disclose net income. If it were a public company, Enterprise Holdings would place in the top 200 on the Fortune 500 list. Enterprise Holdings has the lowest leverage ratio and is the only investment-grade company in the U.S. car rental industry.
Enterprise Holdings’ philanthropic arm, the Enterprise Holdings Foundation, provided $27.5 million in grant funding to charitable causes in fiscal year 2015, fulfilling 86 percent of grant requests by employees to help community causes they personally champion and actively support.
Moreover, with the upcoming release of its new 2015 annual corporate sustainability report, Enterprise Holdings will highlight the outcome of its initial 2010 baseline sustainability goals and announce a set of new five-year goals.
For more information about Enterprise Holdings Inc., visit www.enterpriseholdings.com.
This press release and car rental industry news are available in the Enterprise Holdings Press Room.