Enterprise opened its first European rental office 25 years ago in Reading, England. Today, Enterprise Holdings operates its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental, and Alamo Rent A Car brands across the UK through a network of independent regional subsidiaries. This network operates more than 470 fully staffed airport and neighborhood locations and maintains and operates a fleet exceeding 100,000 vehicles.
Economic Impact & Employment
In total, Enterprise Holdings’ economic impact in the UK is approximately £1.5 billion, with more than £429 million in payroll and business-related expenses, vehicle purchases in the local market in excess of £1 billion and more than £57 million in local and provincial taxes.
Enterprise is a member of the MSDUK, the UK’s leading nonprofit membership organization driving inclusive procurement, and WEConnect International, a global network that connects women-owned businesses to qualified buyers around the world. This underscores Enterprise’s commitment to maintaining a diverse supplier base, as outlined in the Enterprise Holdings Supplier Diversity Program.
Enterprise’s UK car rental and car club network, which employs over 5,000 people, is a recognized leader in diversity as an employer of choice. In 2019, the provider was recognized as a top 50 Employer for Women by The Times for the 14th consecutive year, and ranked 11th on the UK’s top 75 social mobility employer index.
Enterprise also received the RMP’s National Undergraduate Employability Award for Best Diversity in Work Experience in 2017 and was named a top undergraduate employer by RateMyPlacement, the UK’s leading resource for career-conscious students seeking work experience, in 2019.
Enterprise Holdings’ founding values and guiding principles together provide a strategic platform for its global corporate responsibility efforts, including donations to UK charities totaling over £1 million in 2019.
In addition, the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation’s program aimed at fighting hunger – called Fill Your Tank® – is expanding the work of local food banks, including FareShare in the UK. FareShare receives £500,000 annually from the Global FoodBanking network, made possible by Enterprise. By the end of the six-year partnership in 2022, FareShare will have received £3million to carry out its vital work of reducing food waste and tackling hunger across the UK.
As part of the Enterprise 50 Million Tree Pledge, the foundation also is funding the planting of 50 million trees throughout the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Spain and the U.K. Working with the Woodland Trust, more than 1 million trees have been planted to date in Scotland, Northwest England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is also the Official Partner of the UEFA Europa League, one of UEFA’s most prestigious European club football competitions.
Related Press Releases and Recent News:
- Enterprise Offers 24/7 Car Club and Daily Rental at New Tradeston Branch
- Enterprise Launches Employee Wellbeing Passport to Reduce Barriers at Work
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Dublin City Council Launch Mobility Hub Providing Electric Cars & e-Bikes to Council Employees
- Enterprise Car Club Adds Hybrid SUVs to Edinburgh Fleet
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Completes Acquisition of SHB Hire
- Rent A Supercar From Enterprise!
- Deem to Create 50 Jobs With New Innovation Centre in Dublin
- Enterprise Introduces Solar Lighting, Natural Drainage and Rainwater Harvesting At New Monmouth Branch
- Enterprise Launches Action-Packed Advertising Campaign Starring Gerard Butler
- Highland Council Cuts Travel Costs by a Third and Saves 50 Tonnes of CO2 With New Car Club