“Every time we open a new location or expand a business line, that’s another Canadian community that we get to be a part of, and that’s what keeps us vital and inspired.”
Steven Tudela, Corporate Vice President of Canadian Operations – Enterprise Holdings, June 2017
Enterprise opened its first international office in Windsor, Canada, on Feb. 3, 1993. Twenty-five years later, Enterprise Holdings operates its Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental, and Alamo Rent A Car brands through a global network of eight independent regional subsidiaries.
Enterprise Holdings currently manages and operates a fleet exceeding 98,000 vehicles in Canada, and every year Enterprise, National and Alamo customers log more than 2.6 billion kilometers throughout Canada, underscoring the company’s leadership role as the largest car rental provider in the country. In addition, the company operates Enterprise Truck Rental, Enterprise CarShare and the Exotic Car Collection by Enterprise divisions in Canada. Our affiliate, Enterprise Fleet Management, also provides full-service fleet management to companies, government agencies and organizations operating medium-sized fleets of 20 or more vehicles, as well as those seeking an alternative to employee reimbursement programs.
Our eight Canadian subsidiaries – which operate more than 750 airport and neighborhood fully staffed locations – have regional headquarters in Calgary, Enfield, London, Mont-Royal, Ottawa, Surrey, Toronto and Winnipeg. Consumers named Enterprise Rent-A-Car the most trusted automobile rental brand in Canada, according to the 2017 Gustavson Brand Trust Index.
In addition, the Enterprise, National and Alamo brands secured the top three spots in the annual J.D. Power 2017 North American Rental Car Satisfaction StudySM. The study surveyed leisure and business travelers who rented vehicles at airports in the U.S. and Canada.
The Enterprise brand ranked highest in the study and excelled in five factors: costs and fees, pick-up process, rental car, return process and reservation process. In fact, the Enterprise brand has received the highest score fifteen times (in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017).
Employment & Economic Impact
In FY 2017, Enterprise Holdings contributed approximately $3 billion to the Canadian economy, and purchased 4.3 percent of all new vehicles sold in Canada at the cost of $2.3 billion.
Enterprise Holdings is the largest car rental company in the country with more than 5,400 Enterprise, Alamo and National employees. It was the only car rental company named one of the best employers in the Greater Toronto Area by Mediacorp Canada Inc., in its 2018 Greater Toronto’s Top Employers competition. This recognition came on the heels of Enterprise’s selection as one of The Best Places to Work in Canada by the popular job-finding site, Indeed. Last year, more than 500 new employees joined the renowned Enterprise Management Training Program in Canada, which provides a hands-on experience to teach management trainees how to run a business, empower teams and provide excellent customer service.
For more information about career opportunities at Enterprise Holdings in Canada, visit careers.enterprise.ca.
Sustainable Mobility & Autonomous Technology
In addition, the Canadian Standing Senate Committee on Transport and Communications published a report this year – “Driving Change: Technology and the Future of the Automated Vehicle” – at the request of the Minister of Transport. More than 78 witnesses, including Enterprise, provided testimony as the Committee focused on regulatory and technical issues related to the deployment of automated and connected vehicles.
The report featured 16 specific recommendations, including “monitoring the impact of automated and connected vehicle technology on competition between the various sectors of the automotive and mobility industries, in order to ensure that sectors such as the aftermarket and car rental companies continue to have access to the data they need to offer their services.”
The Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance (CATA), of which Enterprise is a member, published a blog:“Canadian Innovation Leadership or Not in the Automotive Sector: Should Just the Automakers Control Access To Data from Autonomous Vehicles?” CATA also developed, in partnership with Enterprise, a video outlining the importance of open access to autonomous vehicle data, including perspectives from the European Economic Community and U.S. markets.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Enterprise Holdings Foundation – the philanthropic arm of Enterprise Holdings – contributed more than $3.4 million in donations to Canadian charities in FY2017. Additionally, the Foundation’s global philanthropic initiatives help address critical areas of concern in Canada, including hunger and deforestation, as well as indigenous land and water management through the Routes & Roots: Enterprise Healthy Rivers Project.
To see a comprehensive list of awards and recognitions received by Enterprise Holdings and its brands view the Enterprise Holdings Awards and Honors List.
Press Releases and Recent News
- Increased Access to Canada’s Landscapes and Heritages
- Enterprise Cuts All Ties
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car to Hire More Than 500 College Graduates in Canada…No Ties Required!
- Enterprise Celebrates 25 Years in Canada
- Enterprise Celebrates a Quarter Century
- Canada’s Largest Car Rental Company Celebrating 25 Years of Growth, Success
- Enterprise 50 Year Tree Pledge Surpasses 12 Million Plantings, 100 Reforestation Projects
- Enterprise’s Fill Your Tank Program Reaches $20 Million in Donations to Help Fight Hunger (Canada)
- Enterprise Holdings and ACTA Announce the Renewal of Their Corporate Partnership
- More Than 7,900 Local Government Offices Alerted About Car Rental Customers' Traffic Fines, Tickets
- Enterprise Holdings Named To List of Top 100 Employers in Toronto
- Enterprise Holdings Inc. se classe parmi les 100 meilleurs employeurs à Toronto
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation Supporting Rivers and Watersheds with $30 Million Multinational Donation (Canada)
- World’s Largest Car Rental Company Gives Canadian Economy Nearly $2.8 Billion Boost
- Enterprise 50 Year Pledge Reaches 11 Million Tree Plantings in 2016
- Unprecedented $60 Million Donation to Fight Hunger Marks Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s 60th Anniversary (Canada)
- Enterprise Location d’Auto fête ses 60 ans par un don sans précédent de 60 M$ pour combattre la faim
- Canada’s Largest Car Rental Company Expanding Network in Toronto Area
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Pledging $100,000 to Canadian Red Cross Disaster Relief in Fort McMurray
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s Exotic Car Collection Expands Rapidly Across North America
- Toronto’s AutoShare Becomes Enterprise CarShare
- Canadians Using Rental Cars as ‘Ultimate Test Drive’ Before Making Purchase
- Enterprise Holdings Acquires Toronto-Based Metavera
- World’s Largest Car Rental Company Recognized for Recruitment Excellence in Canada
- World’s Largest Car Rental Company To Recruit for New Jobs in Bathurst, Miramichi, Fredericton and Moncton
- Ten Million Trees Planted in U.S., Canada, Europe Since 2006
- Arbor Day Foundation Plantings Total 9 Million Trees with Gift from Enterprise