Enterprise Holdings Inc. has a longstanding tradition of recognizing and rewarding the unique skills and talents of former military service members. These proven leaders possess a high level of dedication, work ethic and team spirit that translates well to our business.
Enterprise’s support for the military goes back six decades. The company is named after the USS Enterprise, one of the aircraft carriers our founder, Jack Taylor, served on as a U.S. Navy pilot during World War II. It’s widely recognized as the most decorated warship in U.S. military history. When Jack founded Enterprise, he brought with him the values he had learned in the Navy.
Today, Enterprise Holdings’ support of the military focuses on three key areas – recruitment and hiring, local operations and community relations. Military veterans and members of the guard and reserves currently make up 10 percent of the company’s total U.S. workforce, including those at the more-than-50 U.S. military installations Enterprise serves.
Recognition and Support
Our support for service members and their families has been widely recognized. Enterprise has been named a Military Friendly Employer from the publisher of G.I. Jobs magazine for the past four years, Top Veteran-Friendly Company by U.S. Veterans Magazine, “Best for Vets: Employers” by the Military Times publishing organization and Most Valuable Employer for Military by CivilianJobs.com.
In addition, Enterprise is a member of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) and has been recognized as a Military Friendly Spouse Employer from the publisher of G.I. Jobs magazine. Enterprise employs more than 1,300 military spouses.
In 2005, Enterprise received Five-Star recognition in the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Statement of Support Program, and was recognized with the Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award – the highest honor given by the U.S. government to employers that support their employees’ service in the National Guard and Reserve.
We also bring our dedication to the military to life by supporting organizations that make a positive impact on the lives of veterans, including Fisher House, the Keys to Progress initiative and Veteran Jobs Mission.
For more information about Enterprise Holdings’ military hiring opportunities, visit our career site.
Related Press Releases and Recent News
- After $30 million overhaul, Soldiers Memorial shines for its grand reopening
- Natural Leader Trades Army for Enterprise – And Loves It!
- Enterprise Partnering with US Army to Promote Soldier Career Development
- Enterprise Holdings Partnering With U.S. Army to Promote Soldier Career Development in Philadelphia
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reaffirms Commitment to Veterans
- World’s Largest Car Rental Company Continues to Impress Job Candidates With Dynamic Recruiting Experience
- World’s Largest Car Rental Company Inducted Into Military Spouse Employment Partnership
- As USS Enterprise Prepares for Decommissioning, Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reaffirms Commitment to U.S. Military Hiring, Celebrates Veterans Day