“Whenever we do anything – whether it’s technology or a new business model – we have to measure the customer service impact.”
Chrissy Taylor, Chief Operating Officer – Enterprise Holdings, September 2018
Enterprise Holdings’ acquisition and corporate venture-capital strategy continues to focus on technologies and business models that not only can accelerate industry-leading transportation solutions, but also customer satisfaction in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Since 2008, Enterprise has spent almost $2.4 billion making acquisitions and corporate-venture capital investments or commitments in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Ireland, Spain, Brazil and China. Acquisitions include car rental companies, carshare operations, technology platforms and franchises.
"We value the expertise a strategic investor brings to our business and have had a fantastic experience working with Enterprise Holdings’ venture fund (Clayton Venture Partners) over the last two years (since our Series A round). We [are] excited for Enterprise Holdings to make an additional investment as both share our long-term strategic vision."
Don Sharp, Chief Executive Officer – Coolfire Solutions, October 2018
When Enterprise Holdings recognized the changing face of transportation as well as the digitization of the economy and our industry, we initiated a corporate venture-capital strategy targeting investments in emerging transportation technology and mobility companies. Since 2013, we have made capital investments or commitments of more than $170 million through our wholly owned entity, Clayton Venture Partners.
We believe that each of these emerging companies has the opportunity to benefit from the unique scale and resources of Enterprise Holdings – especially as the world’s largest car rental provider, with 2 million vehicles and 10,000 locations operating worldwide. Recent investments include:
- Mobileye, a developer of vision-based advanced driver-assistance systems (invested 2013; IPO 2014; sold to Intel 2017)
- Deem, managed travel technology platform (invested Series C in 2016 and 2018)
- Quanergy, a leading autonomous vehicle sensor company (invested Series B in 2016)
- Coolfire Solutions, an IoT (Internet of Things) and situational-awareness technology platform (invested Series A in 2016; Series B in 2018)
- Mobi, human-centric real-time routing, assessment, and planning (invested Series Seed in 2018)
- Migo, ground transportation metasearch (invested Series A in 2018)
- Deliv, a leader in same day delivery that powers many of the nation’s top retailers (invested Series C in 2018)
For deal related inquiries, please contact CVG@ehi.com.
Related Press Releases and News Articles
- World Leading Companies Invest in Deliv
- Startup Deliv Raises $40 Million in Home-Delivery Arms Race
- Q&A with Coolfire Solutions CEO, Don Sharp
- St. Louis Software Company Raises $11.5 Million From Enterprise Holdings, New Investor
- Coolfire Solutions Raises $11.5 Million in Oversubscribed Series B Funding
- 5 Tech Ideas Making Multimodal Transportation Easier And Cheaper
- Enterprise Drives Innovation Through M&A
- Mergermarket: "Enterprise Holdings: From Post-War Origins to Building Clout in Today’s Auto-Mobility Race"
- Enterprise and Hyundai Invest in $9M Round for ‘Netflix of Transportation’ App Migo
- Migo, the Leading Search App for On-Demand Rides, Raises $9 Million in Series A Funding
- Enterprise Holdings: From Post-War Origins to Building Clout in Today’s Auto-Mobility Race
- Enterprise Holdings Invests in Coolfire
- Israel's Mobileye Starts Road Show for $500 Million NYSE IPO