“Whenever we do anything – whether it’s technology or a new business model – we have to measure the customer service impact.”
Chrissy Taylor, President and Chief Operating Officer – Enterprise Holdings, September 2018
Enterprise Holdings’ acquisition and corporate venture-capital strategy continues to focus not only on accelerating industry-leading transportation solutions, but also enhancing customer satisfaction in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Since then, Enterprise has spent more than $3 billion making acquisitions and corporate-venture capital investments or commitments in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Ireland, Spain, Brazil and China.
Acquisitions include car rental companies, carshare operations, vanpooling, technology platforms and franchises. For example, in 2019, Enterprise Holdings acquired San Francisco-based Deem – an innovative managed-travel technology platform that includes Deem Work Fource and Deem Ground Work, a suite of online booking and travel technology products for business travelers, travel managers, travel-management companies and suppliers.
Enterprise Holdings Ventures
"We value the expertise a strategic investor brings to our business and have had a fantastic experience working with Enterprise Holdings’ venture fund over the last two years (since our Series A round). We [are] excited for Enterprise Holdings to make an additional investment as both share our long-term strategic vision."
Don Sharp, Chief Executive Officer – Coolfire Solutions, October 2018
Prompted by the digitization of the economy and our industry, we recognized the changing face of transportation and launched a corporate venture capital strategy in 2013. Today, Enterprise Holdings Ventures is primarily centered on mobility, travel technology, fleet management and logistics, customer experience, as well as autonomous and electric vehicle (EV) technology.
Although Enterprise Holdings Ventures targets emerging companies, it explores any opportunity that benefits customers. That’s because our integrated global network offers unique scale, resources and infrastructure – including managing the largest and most diverse privately-owned fleet in the world, with 2 million vehicles and 10,000 rental locations operating worldwide.
Mobileye (Israel) – Leading vision-based advanced driver-assistance systems (invested in 2013; IPO 2014; sold to Intel 2017)
Quanergy (Sunnyvale, Calif.) – Leading autonomous vehicle sensor company (invested Series B in 2016)
Coolfire Solutions (St. Louis, Mo.) – IoT (Internet of Things) and situational-awareness technology platform (invested Series A in 2016; Series B in 2018)
Mobi (Boston, Mass.) – Human-centric real-time routing, assessment and planning (invested Series Seed in 2018)
Migo (Seattle, Wash.) – Multi-modal ground transportation metasearch (invested Series A in 2018)
Deliv (Menlo Park, Calif.) – Leader in same day delivery that powers many of the nation’s top retailers (invested Series C in 2018)
Booster (San Mateo, Calif.) – Same-day fuel delivery service company (invested Series C in 2019)
For deal related inquiries, please contact CVG@ehi.com.
Related Press Releases and News Articles
- Booster raises $56 million to deliver fuel directly to cars
- Booster Press Release: Booster Continues to Reinvent the Way Energy is Delivered with $56 Million in Series C Funding
- Why Enterprise Holdings is looking to startups like Coolfire Solutions to help it drive through a disrupted marketplace (Subscription)
- Deem Plans Growth With Backing From Enterprise
- INTERVIEW: Deem CEO John Rizzo
- Enterprise Holdings Completes Acquisition of Deem
- Enterprise Holdings Announces Intent to Acquire Travel Technology Innovator Deem
- World Leading Companies Invest in Deliv
- Startup Deliv Raises $40 Million in Home-Delivery Arms Race
- Q&A with Coolfire Solutions CEO, Don Sharp
- St. Louis Software Company Raises $11.5 Million From Enterprise Holdings, New Investor
- Coolfire Solutions Raises $11.5 Million in Oversubscribed Series B Funding
- 5 Tech Ideas Making Multimodal Transportation Easier And Cheaper
- Enterprise Drives Innovation Through M&A
- Mergermarket: "Enterprise Holdings: From Post-War Origins to Building Clout in Today’s Auto-Mobility Race"
- Enterprise and Hyundai Invest in $9M Round for ‘Netflix of Transportation’ App Migo
- Migo, the Leading Search App for On-Demand Rides, Raises $9 Million in Series A Funding
- Enterprise Holdings: From Post-War Origins to Building Clout in Today’s Auto-Mobility Race
- Enterprise Holdings Invests in Coolfire
- Israel's Mobileye Starts Road Show for $500 Million NYSE IPO