“Whenever we do anything – whether it’s technology or a new business model – we have to measure the customer service impact.”
Chrissy Taylor, President and Chief Executive Officer – Enterprise Holdings
Enterprise Holdings’ acquisition and corporate venture-capital strategy continues to focus not only on accelerating industry-leading transportation solutions, but also enhancing customer satisfaction in a rapidly changing marketplace.
In 2007, Enterprise purchased the National and Alamo brands – its largest acquisition to date – and significantly increased its airport presence and global travel industry leadership.
Since then, Enterprise has spent more than $4 billion making acquisitions and corporate-venture capital investments or commitments in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Ireland, Spain, Brazil, China and Germany.
Acquisitions include car rental companies, carshare operations, vanpooling, technology platforms and franchises. For example, in 2019, Enterprise Holdings acquired San Francisco-based Deem – an innovative managed-travel technology platform that includes Deem Work Fource and Deem Ground Work, a suite of online booking and travel technology products for business travelers, travel managers, travel-management companies and suppliers.
Enterprise Holdings Ventures
"We value the expertise a strategic investor brings to our business and have had a fantastic experience working with Enterprise Holdings’ venture fund over the last two years (since our Series A round). We [are] excited for Enterprise Holdings to make an additional investment as both share our long-term strategic vision."
Don Sharp, Chief Executive Officer – Coolfire Solutions
"Enterprise brings the best of corporate partnership in venture. They readily deploy the full force of EHI’s business divisions to accelerate your company’s growth, and we’ve already benefited from a half-dozen such partnerships. Deep experience bundled in a warm midwest culture is a rare and winning combination. We are fortunate to have Enterprise Holdings Ventures as a thoughtful and value-added investor. We're thrilled to work with the EHV team."
Frank Mycroft, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer – Booster Fuels
Prompted by the digitization of the economy and our industry, we recognized the changing face of transportation and launched a corporate venture capital strategy in 2013. Today, Enterprise Holdings Ventures is primarily centered on mobility, travel technology, fleet management and logistics, customer experience, as well as autonomous and electric vehicle (EV) technology.
Although Enterprise Holdings Ventures targets emerging companies, it explores any opportunity that benefits customers. That’s because our integrated global network offers unique scale, resources and infrastructure – including managing the largest and most diverse privately-owned fleet in the world, with nearly 1.7 million vehicles and more than 9,500 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations, including franchisee branches, operating worldwide.
Mobileye (Israel) – Leading vision-based advanced driver-assistance systems (invested in 2013; IPO 2014; sold to Intel 2017)
Quanergy (Sunnyvale, Calif.) – Leading autonomous vehicle sensor company (invested Series B in 2016 and Series C in 2018)
Coolfire Solutions (St. Louis, Mo.) – IoT (Internet of Things) and situational-awareness technology platform (invested Series A in 2016; Series B in 2018)
Mobi (Boston, Mass.) – Human-centric real-time routing, assessment and planning (invested Series Seed in 2018)
Migo (Seattle, Wash.) – Multi-modal ground transportation metasearch (invested Series A in 2018)
Deliv (Menlo Park, Calif.) – Leader in same day delivery that powers many of the nation’s top retailers (invested Series C in 2018; sold to Target in 2020)
Booster (San Mateo, Calif.) – Same-day fuel delivery service company (invested Series C in 2019)
For deal-related inquiries, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Related Press Releases and News Articles
- Quanergy Optimizes Optical Phased Array Lidar
- Quanergy Secures Capital to Accelerate Product Portfolio Expansion
- Target in Talks to Boost Its Same-Day Delivery Ambitions by Buying Pieces of Startup Deliv
- Deliv CEO shares 4 reasons last-mile delivery costs skyrocket
- Booster raises $56 million to deliver fuel directly to cars
- Booster Press Release: Booster Continues to Reinvent the Way Energy is Delivered with $56 Million in Series C Funding
- Why Enterprise Holdings is looking to startups like Coolfire Solutions to help it drive through a disrupted marketplace (Subscription)
- Deem Plans Growth With Backing From Enterprise
- INTERVIEW: Deem CEO John Rizzo
- Enterprise Holdings Completes Acquisition of Deem
- Enterprise Holdings Announces Intent to Acquire Travel Technology Innovator Deem
- World Leading Companies Invest in Deliv
- Startup Deliv Raises $40 Million in Home-Delivery Arms Race
- Q&A with Coolfire Solutions CEO, Don Sharp
- St. Louis Software Company Raises $11.5 Million From Enterprise Holdings, New Investor
- Coolfire Solutions Raises $11.5 Million in Oversubscribed Series B Funding
- 5 Tech Ideas Making Multimodal Transportation Easier And Cheaper
- Enterprise Drives Innovation Through M&A
- Mergermarket: "Enterprise Holdings: From Post-War Origins to Building Clout in Today’s Auto-Mobility Race"
- Enterprise and Hyundai Invest in $9M Round for ‘Netflix of Transportation’ App Migo
- Migo, the Leading Search App for On-Demand Rides, Raises $9 Million in Series A Funding
- Enterprise Holdings Invests in Coolfire
- Israel's Mobileye Starts Road Show for $500 Million NYSE IPO