Enterprise Holdings Inc. has long been an advocate for our customers. And we continue to speak up for them and for all consumers on issues that affect them and the car rental and travel industries. As part of this commitment, we’re working to fight discriminatory excise taxes that unfairly target airport and local car rental customers – including car-sharing customers – to fund unrelated programs and projects.
In 2009, for instance, Enterprise spoke out against Florida legislation seeking to raise the daily car rental surcharge to $4 per day. A year later, Enterprise Holdings testified in support of the "End Discriminatory State Taxes for Automobile Renters Act" (H.R. 4175) before the U.S. House of Representatives' Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law.
The U.S. Travel Association also has recognized Executive Chairman Andrew C. Taylor for his longtime leadership role on this important public policy initiative and for his ongoing efforts on behalf of all car rental customers, regardless of whether they rent for an hour, a day, a week or longer.
Tolls & Citations
In an ongoing effort to help address outstanding fines for traffic, parking and toll violations by car rental customers, Enterprise Holdings sends out annual reminders as part of the public record and directs government officials to deliver notice of any outstanding tickets and fines to the company's "shared services" administrative centers in Tulsa and Toronto.
Since 2011, Enterprise Holdings has provided its contact and processing information to more than 7,900 local governments in the United States and Canada to help reduce any backlogs of unpaid tickets. In addition, with more bridges and tunnels turning to cashless pay tollways – many in the Northeast – Enterprise Holdings' brands have worked to put in place several options for customers to avoid unexpected fines.
Learn more about tolls and citations here.
Press Releases and Recent News
- Sharing vs Access: Enterprise CarShare Weighs in at “Disrupting Mobility Summit”
- Millions of Americans Will Pay Excessive Rental Car Taxes over Summer Driving Season
- EDSTAR Reintroduced in U.S. House of Representatives; Bill Would Protect Consumers from Discriminatory Rental Car Taxes
- Tax for Florida CarShare Customers Cut in Half
- Car Rental Business Adapting to Innovative Technologies, Changing Consumer Preferences
- Should Car Sharing Get a Pass on Excise Taxes?
- Enterprise Holdings Stands Up For Car-Sharing Customers
- U.S. Travel Association Honoree Andy Taylor Speaks Out Against Discriminatory Car Rental Excise Taxes
- Growing Coalition Continues to Speak Out on Behalf of Florida Car Rental Customers
- Growing Coalition Continues Fight Against Arbitrary and Unfair Car Rental Excise Taxes
- Economists Say Car Rental Excise Taxes Fail Tests of Good Tax Policy