As a family-owned business, we are uncommonly in tune with the need to operate with the next generation in mind. This deep sense of stewardship plays out day-to-day in how we manage our company – and our supply chain – by continuously balancing the interests of our customers, our employees and the parts of the world we touch with our business.
That’s why, over the years, Enterprise Holdings has joined forces with many different stakeholders who not only share our values and our commitment to uphold the highest standards, but also help us advance sustainability within and outside our walls.
For example, Enterprise currently works with TerraPass in the U.S. and Canada, and ClimateCare in the UK, to help customers minimize the impact of their vehicle rental by purchasing carbon offsets that support renewable energy projects. In fact, we announced the car rental industry’s first carbon offset program in 2007.
In addition, Enterprise Holdings – collaborating with the world’s largest oil re-refiner – has recycled more than 11 million gallons of used motor oil at its North American airports since 2009. In 2016, Enterprise received MetLife’s first-ever Sustainability Products & Services Award, which recognizes suppliers who provide innovative and impactful sustainable products, services and partnerships. Enterprise also received the “Best in Biz” Environmental Program of the Year in 2019 for its sustainable transportation and operations. And most recently, Enterprise’s European team became a proud recipient of the 2020 Business in Community Responsible Business Champion Award for their efforts to ensure diversity and inclusion are represented at all levels of their operation.
We know from more than 60 years of experience that keeping a healthy equilibrium among these critical factors and parties is essential to steady, long-term growth and the sustainability of the car rental industry overall. Our Corporate Sustainability Reports and Updates help us articulate this commitment and hold ourselves accountable to deliver on it.
Related Press Releases and Recent News:
- World’s Largest Car Rental Operator Recognized for Corporate Citizenship and Industry Leadership
- Zurich Insurance Group Press Release: Suppliers earn Zurich UK’s seal of approval for corporate responsibility and sustainability credentials
- The 8th Annual International Responsible Business Awards 2017 Shortlist
- Enterprise Earns Sustainability Products & Services Award from MetLife
- MetLife Honors Enterprise With Sustainability Products & Services Award
- Zimride by Enterprise Receives Verizon 2016 Supplier Recognition Award for Sustainability
- Alamo Franchisee Honored as First Socially Responsible Car Rental Company in Mexico
- Global Business Travel Association Honors Enterprise and National for Sustainability Leadership and Innovation