“Enterprise Rent-A-Car is woven into the fabric of the thousands of towns and neighborhoods where we do business, and food insecurity is an issue in all of those communities.”
Carolyn Kindle Betz, President – Enterprise Holdings Foundation, October 2016
Globally, 690 million people still go to bed on an empty stomach, according to the World Food Programme. That’s why, in late 2016, the Enterprise Holdings Foundation launched one of the largest donations aimed at fighting hunger. The program – called Fill Your Tank® – celebrated the company’s 60th anniversary by making a commitment to address food insecurity around the globe. In 2020, the Foundation announced a re-investment in the program and pledged an additional $65 million into Enterprise Fill Your Tank to address food insecurity – an issue that often disproportionally affects people of color.
Over ten years, $115 million will be distributed annually as follows:
- $30 million to Feeding America®, the largest U.S. domestic hunger-relief and food rescue charity. These funds will help fight hunger among seniors and children.
- $16 million to Food Banks Canada to support operations and infrastructure in food banks across Canada.
- $14 million to The Global FoodBanking Network to expand the work of food banks around the world, including:
- $55 million to local food banks and pantries in communities served by Enterprise.
Related Press Releases and Recent News
- Enterprise Holdings Pledges $120 Million to Advance Social and Racial Equity and Expand the Fight Against Hunger
- Enterprise’s Fill Your Tank® Program Surpasses Halfway Mark in $60 Million Donation Pledge to Address Food Insecurity
- Addressing America's Hunger Crisis (Sponsored Content)
- If Senior Food Insecurity is not Addressed, the Population of Seniors Facing Hunger will Grow to 8 Million by 2050
- Enterprise’s Fill Your Tank Program Reaches $20 Million in Donations to Help Fight Hunger
- Enterprise’s Fill Your Tank Program Reaches $20 Million in Donations to Help Fight Hunger (Canada)
- Gemeinsam gegen Armut und Lebensmittelverschwendung : Enterprise Rent-A-Car arbeitet mit GFN und Bundesverband Deutsche Tafel e. V. zusammen
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, en collaboration avec The Global FoodBanking Network (GFN) et la Fédération Française des Banques Alimentaires, s’engage dans la lutte contre la faim en France (Français)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Partners with GFN and Crosscare to Fight Hunger in Ireland
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Partners with GFN and FareShare to Fight Hunger in the UK
- $60 Million Donation to Fight Hunger Marks Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s 60th Anniversary
- Enterprise dona 60 millones de dólares a la lucha contra el hambre para celebrar el 60º aniversario de Enterprise Rent-A-Car (Español)
- 60 Millionen US-Dollar: Enterprise Rent-A-Car engagiert sich zum 60-jährigen Jubiläum für den Kampf gegen den Hunger (Deutsche)
- Unprecedented $60 Million Donation to Fight Hunger Marks Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s 60th Anniversary
- Unprecedented $60 Million Donation to Fight Hunger Marks Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s 60th Anniversary (Canada)