“Our philanthropic focus is not always directly related to our business, but instead reaches beyond to make a difference and improve the quality of life wherever our employees and customers live and work.”
Carolyn Kindle Betz, President – Enterprise Holdings Foundation, November 2017
Since our founding, we have worked to be an engaged corporate citizen that makes a real difference in the communities where we live and work. Our company began with a single neighborhood office and a simple commitment to serve our customers, employees and communities. As our business continues to grow, we work to extend that same spirit of care and respect to thousands of communities around the world.
Major ongoing philanthropic initiatives – totaling more than $180 million in commitments – include:
- Enterprise “50 Million Tree Pledge” ($50+ million/50 years) – Planting 1 million trees a year to help restore public lands badly in need of reforestation.
- Enterprise “Fill Your Tank®” Program ($60 million/six years) – Addressing food insecurity around the globe.
- American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program ($1 million annually) – Supporting preparedness and disaster relief efforts.
- Fisher House ($6 million/six years) – Supporting scholarship and housing programs for families of veterans.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Institute for Renewable Fuels ($35 million) – Developing and applying technologies to enhance the potential of oilseed crops, algae and bioenergy grasses as sources of sustainable bioenergy.
- “Routes & Roots®: Enterprise Healthy Rivers Project” ($30 million/five years) – Helping support The Nature Conservancy’s long-term water resource management initiatives.