“Our philanthropic focus is not always directly related to our business, but instead reaches beyond to make a difference and improve the quality of life wherever our employees and customers live and work.”
Carolyn Kindle Betz, President – Enterprise Holdings Foundation, November 2017
Since our founding, we have worked to be an engaged corporate citizen that makes a real difference in the communities where we live and work. Our company began with a single neighborhood office and a simple commitment to serve our customers,
Major ongoing philanthropic initiatives – totaling more than $180 million in commitments – include:
- Enterprise “50 Million Tree Pledge” ($50 million/50 years) – Planting 1 million trees a year to help restore public lands badly in need of reforestation.
- Enterprise “Fill Your Tank®” Program ($60 million/six years) – Addressing food insecurity around the globe.
- American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program ($3 million/three years) – Supporting preparedness and disaster relief efforts.
- Fisher House ($6 million/six years) – Supporting scholarship and housing programs for families of veterans.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Institute for Renewable Fuels ($35 million) – Developing and applying technologies to enhance the potential of oilseed crops, algae and bioenergy grasses as sources of sustainable bioenergy.
- “Routes & Roots®: Enterprise Healthy Rivers Project” ($30 million/five years) – Helping support The Nature Conservancy’s long-term water resource management initiatives.