The private Enterprise Holdings Foundation primarily accepts requests for donations from employees of Enterprise Holdings and its network of independent regional subsidiaries, as well as its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management. The grant-application link for employees is located on the Enterprise Holdings Foundation space on the company intranet.
We also support initiatives that are important to our local partners. Anyone wishing to request donations on behalf of qualified nonprofit organizations should contact a local Enterprise account representative.
- As a responsible corporate citizen, Enterprise Holdings, its network of regional subsidiaries and its charitable arm, the Enterprise Holdings Foundation, make charitable contributions to approved charitable organizations (as outlined below). Charitable donations cannot be used as a pretense to funnel bribes to government officials or partners. For this reason, charitable contributions from Enterprise Holdings’ network of regional subsidiaries (e.g. facilities, supplies, or materials) must be approved by a Group General Manager or Senior Vice President.
- Enterprise regional subsidiaries are prohibited from receiving benefits from organizations that receive a contribution from the Foundation. Benefits which regional subsidiaries may not receive include tickets to events, dinner invitations, and advertising. If a regional subsidiary would like to have the company logo used for an event, the regional subsidiary would need to make a separate donation out of the subsidiary’s funds to the charitable entity.
- The Enterprise Holdings Foundation was founded to enable employees to give back to their local communities. Because of this mission, the Foundation generally accepts requests for donations from employees only. In an effort to support as many worthwhile causes as possible, the Foundation will consider only one personal request per employee and one from their spouse/legal domestic partner per fiscal year. To be eligible, an employee must be in good-standing with the company. Employees and their spouse/legal domestic partner must be actively involved with the charity for which they are seeking support. An application must be completed for consideration.
- The Foundation provides grants country’s recognized taxing entity as shown below and to charities in good-standing with them.
* United States --> Qualified tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charities in the United States that are Publication 78 verified with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) – with either a 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) subset. Type 509(a)(3) does not qualify.
* Canada --> Registered Charity
* United Kingdom --> Registered Charity
* Ireland --> Registered Charity
* Germany --> DZI listing or documentation for Appendix to Accreditation or Notice of Exemption
* France --> Tax Eligibility Certificate
* Spain --> Tax Eligibility Certificate
- The Foundation considers the support of schools (other than higher education), athletic teams, and churches, synagogues or other houses of worship a personal responsibility, and therefore discourages requests for Foundation support of these types of organizations. In addition, the Foundation does not consider support for the following: individuals; employee-created charities; man-made disasters; terrorist organizations or groups that condone acts of violence; political and labor organizations; school organizations including clubs, parent teacher groups, social fraternities and sororities, and alumni associations; non-charitable or private organizations (according to IRS Codes); tuition; fees; memberships; memorial donations; virtual events; dues; event tickets; subscriptions; telethons; or beauty pageants.
- The Foundation does not support multi-year grants; nor does it fund an organization’s ongoing operating expenses, salary costs, or budget deficits.
The Foundation does not support multi-year grants; nor does it fund an organization’s ongoing operating expenses, salary costs, or budget deficits.
- Fleet Management guidelines require a one-year minimum relationship with a partner for grant consideration.
- Recognition for grants awarded by the Foundation on signage, programs, and the like should go to the Enterprise Holdings Foundation, not the regional subsidiary and should be done in regular typeface. No logo is to be used. Press releases, social media messages, and images must be approved by the Foundation in advance of being published.
- Neither the Foundation nor the company donates vehicles or rentals.
- For additional questions, please email email@example.com.